Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My doc changed my pain med to Kadian. Need feedback.

Tommy-the-Greek

My Doc changed my back pain med from Oxycontin to Kadian. He said he changed it for all his patients. He told me that two of his patients were caught selling there pain meds and he will not give out oxycontin anymore. I guess oxycontin which is a time released form of percocet without the tylenol and much stronger is a fad drug on the street. He said they were caught by undercover narcotic agents at a bar selling the pills for $1 a milligram. So now all his pain management patients with chronic pain are being switched to Kadian. He told me that Kadian is a time released morphine. Now I am concerned with side effects and being able to function during the day. My body was used to the other pill and I never even heard of this Kadian. I do remember after both of my back surgeries they kept giving me morphine needles for the pain and that stuff whooped my arse. Has anyone ever heard of Kadian or know anyone taking it? I just want to find out some things about it before I start taking it.

Never heard of it but that may mean nothing. Take a look at Yahoo! Health for at least basic information. Do a Google search for more in depth stuff. There are usually patient support and discussion groups out there for chronic/serious problems, and they may be writing about that stuff.

BTW, I hope your recovery continues smoothly, pal.

Archived