Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A couple revealing stats about the defense

Bleed Burgandy and Gold

We all know that our defense is one of the bright spots so far this season, but I did a little research and found that we are 29th in the league in turnovers. 20 freaking 9th. That's worse than the Lions and the Rams. The inability to come up with those picks and those loose balls have really hurt us this year. I know our defense is pretty darn good against the run, but if you can't come up with a few turnovers than you are asking our offense to nearly be perfect, which obviously we are far from it. We are also 29th in sacks, which I'm sure most of you know since we have been begging for d line since the beginning of time. I really hope we sign D hall next year. He's only played with us for a few games, but he has already come up with a few turnovers on his own. I think if we can sign him to a long term deal and get one or 2 play makers on the line through the draft or free agency we could actually be one of the most dominant defenses in the league. We're good, but this bend and not break defense isn't going to cut it if we expect to turn the corner next year.

That comes from no pressure on the QB..... We have to blitz and play man to man alot, If you can get a rush with 4 and play zone you can make more interceptions, This has been our MO since we have gone to this scheme of the lineman holding their zones instead of causing havoc. I do not blame Carter, Taylor and others, if you watch the game you will see them engage, watch the play develop and react. This is just the scheme our DC runs, you saw just the opposite with the steelers and ravens

That comes from no pressure on the QB..... We have to blitz and play man to man alot, If you can get a rush with 4 and play zone you can make more interceptions, This has been our MO since we have gone to this scheme of the lineman holding their zones instead of causing havoc. I do not blame Carter, Taylor and others, if you watch the game you will see them engage, watch the play develop and react. This is just the scheme our DC runs, you saw just the opposite with the steelers and ravens

I completely agree. I don't think the ends are our problems. But we need a big and nasty DT to take up a couple of blockers so taylor and carter can get to the QB. Albert Haynesworth would be great, but he'll cost too much and I fear after he gets his big pay day he won't be as effective.

i agree but i also think it could be because the offense never scores enough points so that the other team has to play catchup and take chances

Archived