Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Special Teams...work to do?

P'Oed

Our poor punt protection was just a friggin disaster waiting to happen tonight. The Steelers came really close to getting blocks on repeated occasions and then...whattya know...it happened. To me, that blocked punt was the game changer and ultimately took us out of the game. What the hell happened tonight? Positive was that Plackemeier's kicks all looked pretty good.

But then there's the non-existent punt returning. I mean, does anyone else's heart stop when El is looking high in the sky trying to decide what to do? I'm not so sure that the blocking is the problem because he's had plenty of returnable kicks. I'm a firm believer that Moss isn't the permanent answer but what other choice to we have right now? Our kickoff and punt return coverage has also been a little shaky at times. Guys seem to slip right off of us and gain 5-10 more yards.

I think the one big positive is definitely Suisham. I'd just like to see a lot less of him and more 7's being put on the board.

Anyone else feel like special teams is being overlooked as a major problem with us right now?

I thought our kick and punt return coverage was solid. My heart sank when that punt was blocked. I think our ST play is okay, but definitely we need more punt return yards. How do we fix that? We can't put Moss back there full time, but ARE rarely gets decent yards after the catch. It's a catch 22 at this point.

Honestly, I'm more worried about pass protection and JC actually throwing some decent catchable passes. We had to punt sooo many times tonight cause he threw horrible passes that cost us a first down.

Archived