Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Matrix 2 on the net.

Tommy-the-Greek

My brother just called me to tell me he is downloading the matrix 2 as I type this and will drop off the CDr to me tomorrow night. He said it is in a divx format and you can watch it with real player or windows media player on your pc in dvd quality. I will let everyone know if this is for real or not tomorrow. If it is I can't wait. He just gave me Lord of the Rings 2 last friday night.;)

He is going to help me get the wires I need to hook my pc up to the big screen tv. Then I can watch it on the big screen when ever I want.:D

I asked him to try to find LOTR3 before it comes out. He said he will probably be able to get that a few months before it comes out. You gotta love the net.;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well the quality of DivX movies isn't anywhere near DVD releases. DivX is the best format for stealing movies though. It gives reasonably good quality and great file sizes. I have Star Wars Episode 2 in DivX format on a VCD and the normal DVD, and it's really not even close.

And it's kind of pointless to watch the DivX version before you see it in the theater (IMO anyway). I usually download movies I wouldn't pay to see anyway, or to watch them again after I've seen them in the theater. And eye-candy films like the Matrix should definetly be seen on the big screen first.

That all being said, the only copy of the Matrix Reloaded I've seen online so far is a screener. That's where someone records the movie with a camcorder a la that Seinfeld episode. The way a lot of the pirates do it these days is that they take the actual film, and create a copy of that (usually they work for a theater).

I did get a copy of Lord of the Rings before it came out at the theaters. It was in DivX format and the quality was excellent. It had some text scrolling at the bottom of the movie once every twenty minutes or so telling you that it was property of yada yada something but it didn't bother me. Too bad I am not even a fan of LOTR, though. I still haven't watched it all the way through.

• 2 weeks later...

The Matrix2 was a hoax. My brother told me there was atleast 9 movie files called matrix2 and all of them were different movies that people renamed the file. He told me the site he was downloading them from. I have been downloading movies from there ever since. There are hundreds of movies that people have ripped from dvd's. You will need to download the divx player and the codec patch to play them. After you have loaded this software you can then play the movies with media player or real player or divx player.

You have to be carefull not to download too many at once since they are huge files and will slow down your pc and take alot of space on your hard drive. If you have a burner the best thing to do is burn the file to a 700mb cd-r. Most movies can fit on it, and ones that are longer people split the file in two parts so you don't go over the 700mbs. Then you can play the cd-r on your pc and watch the movie. Hollywood has got to be totally pissed off about this. The quality of the ripped dvd's is incredible. I have the Lord of the rings 2 on 2 cd-r's now. If I find the hulk, matrix2 or t3 or x-men2, I will let everyone know. If anyone wants more info message me.

Archived