Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Orlando trip = A+ so far...

guinnesscrazy

So, I hopped on a plane at 1:40pm today from MD to come to Orlando, FL for job training. Needless to say, I was very worried about my scheduled arrival time of 3:55pm - leaving me not much time to get to a bar to see the game. Of course, by the time I actually got OFF the plane and to the baggage check, it was past 4:30pm.

A quick call to my buddy on my increasingly weak cell phone battery resulted in the only knowledge I cared about... 0 - 0, 4 minutes in to the 1st Qtr. I was told our offense looked like booty so far, and it could be "one of those games."

On the shuttle bus to my hotel, and seconds away from losing battery power, I checked the scores on my phone. 7 - 0, Dallas. :( But the Skins were driving. On the 15 second refresh setting, I witnessed a great drive (via typography) to put us even at 7 - 7. About 18 seconds later, my phone died. :doh:

I finally arrived to the hotel, checked in quick, and asked the front desk guy where the closest bar was. A block-and-a-half away. The Orlando Ale House. Sweeeet.

I got to my room and turned the TV on as soon as possible. Much to my surprise, the score was 14 - 7, Skins! :laugh: With about 2 minutes to go, I was able to watch the end of the first half, rummage through my suitcase, grab my 21 Taylor jersey, and run off to the bar.

While walking to this unknown bar, I was thinking... "this is Orlando. In between Jacksonville, Miami, and Tampa Bay. I wonder what jerseys people will be wearing?"

I think you can guess what the first jersey I saw was when I walked in. That's right. "Big D." As I scanned the crowd, I would see many more of those ugly arse stars around. Mingled in were Bills, Eagles, Patriots, Giants, Bears, Raiders, Tampa Bay, and other jerseys, but that ugly star definitely represented more than anyone else.

Thankfully, amidst the putrid view of blue and silver was one shining light, albeit a weak one... a VERY weak one, but a Redskins jersey at last! What was weak about it, you ask? Well, it was a Michael Westbrook jersey. *shudders*

But nonetheless, we gave each other props, and I had my cheering partner for the events to come. Hell, there was even a guy across the bar who was jersey-less, rooting for the Skins - ended up being an Eagles fan in disguise. No worries - he was on our side this afternoon. ;)

I drank, ate, and cheered with a bunch of total strangers - and represented our Skins loud and proud. My first night in Orlando, the Redskins last night in Texas Stadium, facing probably the toughest NFL team going into Week 4, and some serious bragging rights at stake...

The night couldn't have been better!

:cheers:

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Archived