Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WCO + Gibbs Running Game

The Wicked Wop

Just one of a million observations we've all had tonight. One thing that just seemed befuddling to me (I felt this way early on in preseason....but hoped it would work out, and it still may) was seeing the WCO (if it can even be called that at this point) being run with Gibbs running game. Now they said it was for continuity. However it just looks to me that they can't coexist. Your passing game is designed with having many targets running short routes, with limited blockers practicing zone blocking for the running game. Now of course you can max protect/block sometimes.......we almost made it blatantly obvious when we were going to run and pass because the O-line alignment looks so different. 3/4 of the game it looked like the same offensive formations as last year.

Regardless, disappointing game and fortunately we have a long week. Ready to write-off the season no. The Giants looked like crap on D the first few games of last season then started playing great and you know what happened. However Zorn, the whole offensive staff, the line, and Jason Campbell are going to grow and learn in a hurry.

Archived