Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins autographs Through the Mail. . .

mcarey032

Has anyone had succes with Redskins players' autographs through the mail? I recently got Joe Theismann and Billy Kilmer. They were extremely gracious. Does anyone else have any success stories of throught the mail autographs? I also sent out to Mark Murphy who now works with the Green Bay Packers. I will see if that works.

alot of the former skins are good signers through the mail. some of the ones who have signed for me include:

Kilmer, Theismann, Manley, Mann, Clark, Huff, Cooley, Zorn, Olkewicz, Butz, Lohmiller, Humphries, Shuler, Frerotte, Wuerffel, Hanburger, Bosic, Jacoby, Grimm, May, Lachey, Schlereth, Coleman, Rypien, Schroeder, Bosseler, Didier, McKenzie, Pardee, Murphy, Harvey, Allen, Goodburn, Bruce Smith, Bailey, Owens, Reed, Collins, Norv.....

I have also sent to alot of the old guys from the 40's and 50's and many of them write long letters back. Very cool additions to my collection.

What did they sign for you?

A couple of 6x8 photos that my uncle took when had some sideline access back in the 70s and 80s. Four theismann photos and Kilmer signed 2 of photos that I sent him. The Theismann photos 2 were in action one was on the sideline and one was a picture of him shaking hands with Joe Namath when he played with the Rams, which I never knew until my uncle showed me that picture.

try www.autographchaser.com. It is free to register and all you have to do is enter in the search function a name. They will tell you whether or not there was any success with that particular player or not. The only thing that I had to pay was the cost of developing the photos that I wanted to get signed and the cost of sending and return postage. That was it.

For some they are sent to their homes, some are sent to PO boxes, and some are sent to Care of the team. I just sent Grimm and Murphy to the Cardinals and Packers addresses. Billy Kilmer had his home address and Theismann was a PO box.

I should note when you look up players, there are certain individuals who will charge. People usually tell you in their repsonses who they are. For instance, Bart Starr is an individual who does charge 25 dollars to sign a card or a photograph. A fairly nominal fee for a HOF guy. There are other players who do not charge anything. If you read what the people put in the website, it will tell you as to what the result was. I have yet to encounter any Redskins players who charge. I did see on Darrell Green's website that he does charge for things to sign. He has a schedule of fees if you wanted to do a mail order item.

Thanks for the link to autographchaser.com. I've been interested in contacting several players and the site is a big help.

When you send a picture or card to be signed, do you generally send a nice letter with it or what do you suggest? I don't want to look like a tool. LOL!

Archived