Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lawyer Milloy

Golgo-13

Lawyer Milloy may become a FA. I know he's getting a little long in the tooth, but what would you guys think about bringing him in to play saftey for a few years? After LaVar's signing, we would have the room. I will admit that this reeks of the 2000 offseason, but I have to admit that it has some appeal for the right price. What do you think?

Here is the post, by the way:

Patriots | More On Their Safety Spot - from KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)

March 13, 2003 5:55:54 PT Updating previous reports, the Boston Globe reports the Wednesday signing of S Rodney Harrison means the New England Patriots may look to move S Tebucky Jones or S Lawyer Milloy. Although Milloy and Harrison both play strong safety, coach Bill Belichick's defenses often employ split safeties that minimize the distinction between strong and free safety. New England put the franchise tag on Jones prior to free agency but now will lift it and allow him to enter free agency at some point or try to swing a trade for him or Milloy. If a deal could then be made with Jones that was more in line with Harrison's numbers, New England would save a lot of future money by moving Milloy.

Meh. If the FO is convinced Matt Bowen is an upgrade, I'm willing to believe them. Ohalete has played very well, and I don't think we need to bring in a Vet who had some major question marks last year.

Archived