Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Big Name Coaches Bring Big Name Changes....

Cruising270

I havent been on the board since the Skins lost to Seatle just because of staying busy at my 9-9 job. However when I got on today I was shocked to see how many people were lusting over getting Bill Cowher or another big named coach instead of Greg Williams.

I'm shocked primarily because of the posts I've read on this board from many of you stating

-Stop sticking to the ground game and air the ball up.

-We need continuity and must refrain from big named free agents when hiring players as it has hurt us time and time again.

-Joe Gibbs is handcuffing this offense

-We have all the right players and just need a tall WR and QB hunting Defensive End

Now fast forward to Joe Gibbs retiring and some of us are yelling to sign the "biggest name" possible, not one that gives us the best chance of fixing the few things I mentioned above. Keep in mind the points above are not my own but ones I've read several times in posts during the season.

Big named coaches like Cowher are going to demand big time control of player and coaching personell. They also have a strong belief on the style of play the want when it comes to X's and O's, and far less likely to bend or addapt to what the owner wants. Why do you think the Cowgirls hired Wade Phillips? They wanted a YES man, Parcells put all the pieces in place and they didn't want anyone coming in forcing them to start from scratch again. Hate to admit it but so far it's working.

Let me play out the senerio of a Cowher type coach coming here, first he's going to want to bring his own coaching staff in. Not because ours isn't good enough, it's because they want people who they can trust just like if you were going to war and had to have someone watch your back. So now our coaching staff goes through a dramatic overhaul.... THERE GOES CONTINUITY FROM A COACHING STANDPOINT.

Ah well that's okay because we don't need those bum coaches anyway, right? They never got the best out of our player's according to recent posts I read stating that Cowher will have the ability to get in the face of our players and push them to greatness. Only thing is it will only be the players who decide to stay here or those not traded because Cowher doesn't see them as fitting into his system...much like Gibbs did when he arrived in Washington for his 2nd stint. THERE GOES CONTINUITY OF PLAYERS which irronicly brings me to the next part about the draft

Washington finally has the most draft picks since.....hell, A LONG AS TIME. But get ready to trade em all away. Why you ask? Well a coach trying to build his team wants certain core people to build his team around and the draft is too hit or miss. So get ready for FREE AGENCY ONCE AGAIN and kiss building this roster's depth and talent through the draft. BYE BYE TO THOSE DRAFT PICKS WE'VE ALL BEEN COMPLAINING WE NEED SO BAD AND HELLO TO MORE FREE AGENTS WE ALL COMPLAIN ABOUT

Now to the season long complaint about Gibbs stubburness when it comes to running the football. YOU ARE ASKING FOR A COACH THAT LIKES THE SAME SMASH MOUTH STYLE OF GRIND IT OUT FOOTBALL.....WTF?????

Why oh why must we drool over big names here in Washington thinking money buys Superbowls. I admit when I think about the name Cowher sounds the best, but when I think about our teams current state, and problems that kept us from being a better football team I realize we are in for a longer wait if we bring in that big name coach like Cowher.

To any Cowher supporters reading this, please post and explain to me how he will take us to the playoffs, championship, or Superbowl next season? How does he help fix things we've been complaining about all season? I understand everyone is entitled to their opinions and I respect that. I am genuinely interested in hearing how our problems we've stated numerous times on this board are fixed by him coming here, and how no new problems could develope.

First off I understand and respect the fact that everyone is entitled to his/her opinion

Archived