Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES has been my therapy

wpenn1

I would like to thank everyone for their support during this tough time for us all. I cant believe how tough this week has been.

I got on the site Monday morning with the intentions of defending Jason Campbell as I knew some would be calling for his head.

I was here when I learned Sean had been shot. I was here when I learned God called him home and I was here when I learned of the arrest of the animals who killed him.

It was tough to work this week and I began to wonder if my overwhelming feeling of grief was normal being that I didnt know Sean personally. It was here I learned that I wasnt alone. It was here that I learned that we all were tremendously affected by Seans death Everyday at work I read different stories from different that helped me get through my sadness and anger. I thank you for your postings.

I even discovered some of my own hidden stereotyping tendecies through my readings on the site. I too thought maybe Sean's past had caught up with him and as the story unfolds I am learning I was dead wrong. So I challenged myself to understand why I initally had those thoughts and this what I discovered. Its much too scary to believe that someone, anyone, could be killed in their home when they arent involved in unsavory activities. Its just too scary to come to girps with that. For that reason I would ask that we consider that when we come into contact with people who want to belive that Sean was a thug.

To conclude my wife isnt a sports fan so she didnt understand my feelings like you all have. I felt like we were a family. Of course we had our disagreements like any other family but your words and feelings got me through this. But guess what I do look forward to the days when we are tastefully arguing over playcalling and not dealing with these types of tragedy.

Thank you again and RIP Sean You will never be Forgotten

Archived