Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Advice/Thoughts for Remaining Opponents on Gameday

RIP_ST_21

First post, just registered. Being an ex-Hokie, I was very emotional this past spring, and it carried over into the football season. The school received so much support nation wide from all schools that they adopted policy of game-day behavior. It would not be appropriate to "boo" or "jeer" opponents or talk trash to fans of other schools, when those schools and fans were so quick to reach out and offer support, kind words, or contributions to the school. They even ran the other team out onto the field during the VT introduction, to prevent booing from the fans.

In a similar manner, I'm seeing everyone from across the country totally saddened and grieving for Taylor, his family, the Redskins organization (Family) and their fans. Fans from other teams have already (and surely to come coaches, owners and players from other teams will have) showed their support, and I think we need to be cognizant of that.

I think it would only be appropriate to treat these fans w/ more respect than usual. We've got home games vs. Buf, Chi and Dal. And a road game in NY that many will travel to.

Show the team all the support you can, and bleed burgandy on Sunday (and Thursday). But the rest of the season is a time we need to come together and be positive, and not negative towards other teams.

Just a thought... I'll be praying for the Skins and the entire community, it has affected everyone, and rightfully so.

Archived