Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why ST21 was my favorite.....

#1njskinsfan

I did not know ST21 as a person, I first knew him as a fearless player that played safety for the hurricanes. He was the starting safety on that team and was bigger than the starting MLB (vilma) had the mirrored visor and DOMINATED fsu in the rain.

When it came to the draft and the debate was Taylor or Winslow. My friend and I were talking about who to take, he was sold on Winslow, I told him Taylor 100% just think a bigger ED REED!! He came to see the light and when the skins took him we both were soooooo pumped that our D was going to be nasty (at the time we were hoping LA56 would fulfill his potential).

He did not get off on the right foot, but I did not sour on him as a player. I had a feeling he was going to do great things for this team. As I watched him over the last 4 years he was clearly became my favorite Redskin, through and through. I was easy for me cause my favorite Redskin until ST21 was Alvin Walton a hard hitting safety as well. I played football in high school and college and you always heard coaches say all the time 100% give and go 100%!!! Well I admit there were times when I took a play of here and there, did not hustle to the other side of the field, or gave up on a play. I knew I was slacking once in awhile on the field, I was tried, hurt or just to worn out to move at 100%, but I thought everyone did it at least once in awhile……until I saw ST21 play!

This is the reason I loved watching him play every Sunday for my team and he was my favorite player….He played every play like it was his last!!! He played every play like I wish I did and should have. He played every play like every player should play….. He played like a beast in college when he was playing for the love of the game, and when he was in the NFL making a kings ransom to play a kids game, he played it like he was not getting a nickel. So weather it is pop warner, high school, college, nfl, cfl, arena even a dam flag league, play every play 100% all the time cause it can be done….just remember ST21 did it!

Archived