Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brian De Palma Interview, Discusses "Redacted" in Detail (long)

#98QBKiller

I think he practiced this week, though. ***veering discussion completely off path****

Goddamnit I wish we could talk Redskins in the Tailgate.

Screw it, let's hijack this thread, it's not going anywhere anyway.

So um yeah, I bet we'll see Marcus lining up next to the DL and blitzing on Sunday

Screw it, let's hijack this thread, it's not going anywhere anyway.

So um yeah, I bet we'll see Marcus lining up next to the DL and blitzing on Sunday

I wouldn't be shocked to see a lot of blitzing this week without ST roaming center field. We MUST get pressure on Romo sits to pee.

I agree - I like movies that show a balance, especially when they come off as pseudo-documentaries. My point is, I don't think 81 would have any problem if someone made a movie showing the military in the current struggle as great liberators who do no wrong. I think he would want to nominate that movie for the Pulitzer, Noble, and Academy award - maybe even an ACE award if eligable. I also don't think he'd have any problem if Ann Coulter went over there and made a documentary.

I don't think we know enough about this war right now to make any accurate potrayal of it.

My main point though is, to make a movie depicting soldiers in a negative light while they are still there is irresponsible. The outcome of such is unknown, but a few points would be, morale, enemy usage of the movie, and the just plain disrespect for all in uniform while still serving.

My God you just don't get. :gus:

My point has NOTHING to do with this movie. I'm trying to point out the horrible, almost censorship stance that 81 was taking. I never even stated my point of view on this movie and yet you have me pinned as a Bush hater. Brilliant. Please show me ANYWHERE that I have shown any leanings within this thread.

Censorship stance??? R U kidding?? Where have I stated censorship?? I merely stated my opinioin that this movie isn't appropriate right now. That's not censorship. In fact in other posts I have stated that any movie during wartime isn't appropriate since we don't know enough about this one to portray it accurately. But certainly a negative one which paints our military all the same is irresponsible.

Archived