Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Options for Lewis

masaemaya

Assuming Lewis doesn't go to Cincy, here are the places I think he could still end up in (some are long-shots, I know, but I wanted to write about something that hasn't been reported already).

The Possible:

1) Jacksonville (maybe, but big D.G. is the front-runner for this one)

2) Atlanta (if the defense has a big let down on Saturday [and how can it not against #4 at frozen tundra?], and seeing as how the offense is almost completely secure with Vick, Gibbs & Co. might want a defensive expert calling all the shots)

3) San Fran (though they'll prolly go to the college ranks again, Marvin would at least interview if the Niners collapse on Sunday)

4) Arizona (decent talent on defense, so Marvin could be a good fit)

5) Minnesota (with Tice, you KNOW you can only go so far -- just like you know you can only go so far with Marty)

The Long-Shots:

1) New Orleans (prolly not, but it's possible Haze~lett is gone after a second straight meltdown)

2) Pittsburgh (if the Steelers fall short yet again this year, Marvin would absolutely, postively be the first person they interview)

3) Chicago (very solid defense which can become #1 under Marvin -- the owner might see it that way too)

4) Miami (blame it on the weather all you want, but someone might blame the coach too)

5) Seattle ("On second though, Holmgren, get the hell out COMPLETELY!" Marvin and LB Chad Brown go waaaay back)

X) Redskins - (Steve: "You fool! That's the worst draft ever!", Danny: "You don't like my picks? Well, you sure as hell didn't 'get the NFC East.' You even did worse than Marty! And you talk funny, too!"... and so Marvin becomes HC)

So, there you go. The NFL coaching scene is so unpredictable (just turn on your TV and have a look at the new Odd Couple) that I think Marvin could realistically go anywhere.

inv

Archived