Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Top 10 NFL DBs" (Green #7) "Top 10 NFL RBs" (Riggo #10)

rv581

LOL, Don't you just love a Top 10 list. It always gets things started up. It's really hard to say who is best. Some say Jim Brown, but what would Sayers have done if he had stayed healthy but wait, what about Sweetness, they would still be trying to catch him if he had a real line to run behind like Smith did and then there is Barry, once again. Put him on a good team and what could he have done? I would have loved to see him run behind a line like the hogs. WOW

Originally posted by rv581

Actually, I said he played in a LESS pass happy era. Football in the 90s and today has MUCH more passing, which puts more pressure on corners.

In fact, looking at the numbers you gave, Carmichael averaged just over 3 receptions and less than 50 yards a game. Irvin averaged nearly 5 receptions and about 75 yards a game.

If you're using statistics to argue that Carmichael was better than Irvin, I'd suggest you re-examine your statistics.

Excuse me, I meant to say that "Irvin played in a more pass happy era.: :shootinth Keeping that in mind, they are extremely comparable WR's.

Now try responding with something sensible. :)

Archived