Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Player Moves

jonjeff

After watching today's game against the Texans, it was clear to see that Spurrier is preping for 2003. Starting Vickers and Tre' at OG made this offense go. It just goes to show you how important the middle of the OL is to a running game. Louverne, and Brown are no more than practice squad players. Although Vickers and Johnson are probably no more than backups on a good team, they looked very solid today against a good defense. If Spurrier's offense is to ever work, I hope he has now realized that he can't enter next season with what he started this season with along the offensive front. The OG spot should be of upmost importance in the offseason. Betts and Watson will be our backs in 2003. They seem to be a solid one two punch. I don't like either in short yardage situations though. Down by the goaline they just don't have the power. We need to find someone that does. Both Betts and Watson fit perfectly into Spurrier's offensive scheme, which is why Stephen Davis has seen his last action in a Redskin jersey. I wouldn't be surprised if Davis doesen't even suit for the season finale against Dallas. Its been a nice run Stephen, but its over. Good luck elsewhere. At the wideout position, Derrious Thompson stated his case today for 2003. He made some very nice grabs, and seems to work well with Ramsey. Rod Gardner is a solid possesion receiver who also makes some nice catches. What we need here is a speedburner that can stretch the defense. Gardner and Thompson would make good two and three receivers, not number ones. Look for Spurrier to go out and get a big time receiver this offseason. Ramsey is our QB, case closed. The kid has proved to me that he can make it at this level. He has a very strong arm, a good head on his shoulders, and a iron will in the pocket. With a year under his belt, he should be much more comfortable in 2003. Another vetern backup would be nice though. Wuerfful just doesen't cut it in my book. We should have hung onto Kent Graham. Both of our kickers should be released after the season. When will the Skins ever luck into a reliable FG kicker? And to think, we cut David Akers. Cortez is a bum. Jarret looked worse than some high school punters today. We need to address both kicking positions in the offseason. Defensively, I would bring everyone back. Smith will have to restructure if he wants to break Reggie White's sack record in a Redskin uniform. Big Daddy would be nice to have back at a decent price. I felt he played pretty good this season. Is he worth alot of $$. Absolutely not. Powell filled in well along with Cowsette, but neither has the size to be a regular starter. Wynn is OK. Gardner must be resigned. He should have been named to the Pro Bowl. He also seemed to like being a Redskin very much. This is the type of player that we need, one that wants to be here. And to think, his knock in Miami was that he wasen't a team player. I haven't seen that out of him at all. Our linebackers are very solid. I wouldn't change a thing in that group. Bring everybody back. Our secondary still needs a big time safety. Ifie and Terrell are OK. Ifie has the most potential though. He's a young kid that will only get better. He seemes to have a nose for the football. Terrell looked good today, but hasen't impressed me much this season. Our corners are two of the best. Smoot looked shabby early on, but has come around as of late. Bailey is one of the top five corners in the league. The one knock I have against him is his suspect hands. I have watched him drop many sure interceptions this season, along with how many punts? For a guy with his skill level, it seems as if he drops way too many balls. I would hope that Darrell gets a token start this week against Dallas. It would be a nice gesture for all he has done for this organization. I wouldn't mind seeing Darrell in our front office somewhere. He is a class act. So there it is fellas. Our biggest needs for next season are: #1- OG, #2- DT, #3- DE, #4-WR, #5-S, #6-K, #7-P. We must upgrade our speed on offense to run Spurrier's scheme. Look for speed to be a number one priority. Defensively, we just need to have the same coordinator two years in a row. Hopfully Lewis will still be here next season. It's sad to be talking about next season again. Maybe one of these years, before I pass on to the next life, the Skins will get it right. This no playoff bullsh*t is getting very old! Any thoughts on my thoughts fellas?

It is a tough read without breaking it up.

I agree with much of what you say except I don't think Terrell is OK by any measure. It was nice that he got a pick today, but he's been much more bad than good this year.

I'm also beginning to agree with those who say we should take a defensive lineman first. Among other reasons, there aren't any offensive linemen that rate being worthy of where our first pick will be.

If one of our safetys go, it will be Terrell. Ifie has some potential if you ask me. Terrell has been a silent man until today. The 15th game of the season is a little late to make a statement. We need a good cover safety to compliment Ifie.

Archived