Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT - need cell phone advice

Zen-like Todd

Ok children, here's the deal. I have Sprint. Guess what, Sprint sucks up in NYC, especially in the Morningside Heights/Columbia Univ. area. I bought it when I was still in Northern VA, where it still kinda sucked.

So anyways, I need/want to switch both my phone and my carrier. I'm all up on the different cell phones available, but what no one really seems to have a handle on is coverage. Which provider has the best coverage in Manhattan and Northern VA? Both are important to me, as I do a lot of traveling between the two. There are so many to choose from. Cingular, ATT, Verizon, T-Mobile, and the already rejected Sprint PCS. On top of that, some of the cell providers are using two different networks (CDMA/GSM or TDMA/GSM) depending on the model you buy.

Any real world feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

I have had Bell Atlantic/Verizon for 10 years now and it has great coverage in both areas you mentioned. I am a truck driver that pulls loads out of Baltimore. I run from MA/upstate NY to SC/eastern TN. I have had great coverage in most of these areas. The only time I have any trouble is sometimes in the mountains. I hope this helps you out.

TCO, I have a motorola cell phone for work. The company pays for it so I don't know who the provider is for the phone. I do know that the 2-way radio feature of the phone is outstanding. All of my contractors have them and most of my friends. We can 2-way each other any time and talk for free. The 2-way worked when I was in CT/Mass. and when I was in Maryland back to NJ. I couldn't believe how well it worked. I love the 2-way feature. You gotta at least try it to see exactly how it makes things so much easier. Right now I have 100 people programmed in for there phone and 2 way number. I can beep them and talk to anyone of them no matter where they are from at least Mass to Maryland for free. No playing phone tag or leaving messages in mailboxes and checking mailboxes, just hit there 2 way number and say hello.;) Check it out.

Archived