Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Come out, all ye receiving prospects (I'm not familiar with this one)

Zen-like Todd

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/news/2002/12/18/burleson_pro_ap/

RENO, Nev. (AP) -- Nate Burleson will give up a chance to again lead the nation in receiving and will leave Nevada to enter the NFL draft.

The 6-foot-2, 187-pound senior led the nation in receptions (11.5) and was second in yardage (135.8).

Burleson said Tuesday that he made the "very tough decision" over the last few weeks with the help of family and friends.

"My dad just told me to follow my heart," he said. "Playing in the NFL has always been my dream, so now that I have this opportunity, I'd like to give it a chance."

Nevada's most valuable player this season, Burleson earned first-team honors in the Western Athletic Conference and second-team All-America honors.

He ranks third on Nevada's career list with 248 receptions, fourth in yards receiving with 3,293 and seventh with 22 touchdowns. His 19 receptions against Texas-El Paso are a school record for a single game and his 138 catches this year set a record for a season. He fell just short of the NCAA mark of 142.

Archived