Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

biggest disappointment...marvin lewis!!

jaydean

even over the hiring of steve spurrier, i was more excited when marvin lewis was brought on to "fix" the defense this year. it has been mostly a disappointment. yes, we've seen some signs of brilliance, but mostly it's been sickening. and now there's talk of marvin moving on to michigan state or somewhere else, and i think i join you all in saying "GOOD RIDDANCE."

In a sick, twisted way I'm kind of hoping that Detroit fires all of their coaches so we can get Kurt Schottenheimer back in here. Once he got our defense going last year, it was the most logical use of our players' talents that I'd seen in years. After surrendering 30, 37, 45, and 23 points in the first four games, his defense 14 points allowed per game the rest of the season.

Once again, Marvin Lewis burns us with his vaunted zone defense. It's so predictable - our safeties are left in coverage against Bryant and Galloway for big plays. How many draws did ES burn us on? I lost count. Lewis consistently fails to recognize what other teams are doing and just simply doesn't adjust.

I pray to God that Marvin Lewis leaves at the end of the season.

Archived