Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Look beyond individual players or coaches as the problem

gibbs_deciple

The problem with this team, to me anyway, goes beyond singeling out players or coaches as the problem. as we see with all the complaints that smother this message board. :shutup: Its simpler than that. IMO, its the lack of emotional leaders and sense of a brotherhood. Look at some of the great teams right now. Ravens, Broncos, Patriots for an example. Almost any football fan in america can name their emotional leaders. (ray lewis, john lynch, pats have like 3, brusci, harrison, brady) You see it on the field and on the sidelines game after game. It obvious, and its real, its not an act, and the rest of the team buy into it. You see the defense high-fiving the offense and the offense high-fiving the defense. They will get bloody and fight for the guys around em. Sadly, I do not see that with the Redskins this year at all. Of course im not in the lockeroom, but they certainly dont pass the eyeball test during games. Look at the steelers, they lost theirs, Bettis, and now they seem like they are wandering too. Without that intangible, its just a bunch of guys like you and me going to work and collecting a paycheck.

The other thing that stands out to me with other teams and not the skins is the interaction/motivation between the coaches and the players on the sidelines. For example, Sean Peyton, Del Rio, Cowher, Shottenhiemer or Jeff Fisher. These guys are out there emotionally leading the team on the sidelines, slappin players for good plays, talking to them, hugging them, jumping up and down. Hell I even saw Joey Porter give Cowher a kiss on the neck once in jubilation. I have all the respect in the world for Gibbs and what he has accomplished, and know thats not his style, but lets see some of it from the assistant coaches at least.

The Skins fans live and die by the team, it would be nice to know and see our team laying it all on the line for eachother like a real family.

Archived