Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Observations from yesterday (good,bad)

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

This is my first thread, ill start off by saying this site is great and ive been itching for two weeks to post here but my username was just activated yesterday, would have loved to get in on some of those brunell threads haha! anyways.

GOOD

We actually had a vertical passing game yesterday, and it was the first time ive seen this all season. Even though Boonells numbers werent flashy, we drew a ton of pass interference calls, which are just as good in my book as a long completion. And once we had the vertical game going, all of the little screens and dump offs seemed to work a lot better. This should have seemed like common knowledge all along and i have no idea why it took them 8 weeks to grasp this concept. Portis got stuffed a bunch but im glad we didnt give up on the run cause it allowed him to break that big one for the TD. Thrash looked good over the middle yesterday and hopefully they use him more in that role. Lloyd looked like he was running awesome routes and burned whatever CB was on him numerous times which is definitely good. Boonell at least took some chances and almost had some picks but im glad they finally had him taking shots down the field.

the D looked good leaps and bounds better than they have. washington stepped it up big time, springs looked very good, even rogers looked good too. and its nice to see kenny wright involved in plays that dont involve pass interference or touchdowns to the opposing team. and im glad mike rumph didnt play, that always helps (he might have played on a nickel package, correct me if im wrong). vincent is obviously a huge vocal leader which is exactly what we have been lacking, and even though he got burned in saftey coverage, he more than made up for it at the end and he seems like a valuable asset at this point.

BAD

on offense, our O line needs to do a better job opening up holes for mr clinton. our pass blocking was pretty good, i didnt see brunell getting sacked or rushed a lot, but portis barely had anyplace to go. i know Dallas has a great run D, so maybe it was just that. marky mark is still not the QB for this team. he cant run (evidence was that 3rd and some when he ran out and could have had the 1st had he taken a hit, but he physically cannot take a hit at this point) and a lot of his throws were wobbly (noodles as youd say here). even though im glad he finally decided to throw downfield instead of to ladel betts every play, hes still not good.

on defense, honestly, everyone seemed very improved except archuleta. holy lord does this guy suck. someone tell me again why we needed another run stopping saftey when we have sean taylor? archuleta is the reason dallas even had the FG attempt cause witten burned him down the field badly. i like witten and hes a good TE, but when youre a Dback and youre getting burned by tight ends, you have issues. get vincent in there and get archuleta off the field, hes obviously a horrific botch of a football player in this system. i know people hate on carter a lot, but it seemed to me they had him double teamed quite a lot yesterday (correct me if you disagree). thats a good sign

philly will be tough this week, but if we play the same type of game we did this week (even with boonell) we can still win.

Archived