Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why the redskins are failing. Gotta love the screen plays...

mike42

Reason for the Redskins failures is the coaching staff. No, I'm not talking about Gibbs, but his decision during the off season, adding a few more coaches may infact "Over Coached" this team.

As for Gibbs, the game has NOT past him bye. Didn't he lead the Redskins 10-6 to the playoffs last year? Gibbs giving up power was a big mistake. Too many coaches...too much confusion for players.

As for our QB, Mark isn't doing a bad job. It's the play calling that is making him look awful.

How many screen passes did we do on a 3rd down against the Colts? Too many. That is the biggest problem with our O. Play call are awful.

As for our QB, Mark isn't doing a bad job. It's the play calling that is making him look awful.

How many screen passes did we do on a 3rd down against the Colts? Too many. That is the biggest problem with our O. Play call are awful.

I know it's hard to understand, but just maybe, playcalling are due to MB's strength and weaknesses. If you know anything about history, "Offense Genius" Gibbs and Saunders past teams weren't known for just screens and dinks plays. Why are they suddenly now with MB aboard?

brunell's play isn't making defenses play us honest.

teams don't even bother covering the middle of the field because brunell never throws there,and that makes teams squat on all the outside routes and the screen passes.

teams cover the checkdown now because after brunell looks at moss and cooley that's his favorite thing to do.

All those screens might have to do with the OC tailoring the playbook to fit what his QB does best.

Mark can't throw the long ball with any consistency, so the bulk of the 20 and 30 yard patterns get shelved.

Basically, due to our QB's limitations, Saunders has to call the game with "one arm tied behind his back".

I know it's hard to understand, but just maybe, playcalling are due to MB's strength and weaknesses. If you know anything about history, "Offense Genius" Gibbs and Saunders past teams weren't known for just screens and dinks plays. Why are they suddenly now with MB aboard?

Explain yesterdays game? ;)

Explain yesterdays game? ;)

I don't know what game you were watching but I saw Mark complete the one out route to Cooley for the TD and the rest of his passes were 15 yards and in.

You don't see alot of deep passing because over the last 3 seasons Mark has proven he cannot throw the deep ball with accuracy, consistently.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=20061022011

Here's the play by play.... Play calling stunk, execution was even worse and Manning torched the secondary that features aging vets with a stud safety that is still learning how to cover. We all set ourselves up for dissappointment yesterday by thinking they even had a chance.

I do agree it's becoming apparent that the team is over-coached!!!

3 and out to start the game

11 play TD drive to start game…Was 0 Ind 7, Plays: 11 Yards: 92 Possession: 5:56)

8 plays and punt

Defense holds to three and out

7 plays, TD to Cooley Was 7 Ind 7, Plays: 7 Yards: 45 Possession: 2:35

10 play FG drive Was 7 Ind 10, Plays: 10 Yards: 61 Possession: 4:38

9 plays and missed FG

3 and out---Randle El returns punt for TD (Skins up 14-10)

10 play FG drive GREAT HOLD BY D Was 14 Ind 13, Plays: 10 Yards: 52 Possession: 2:16

Halftime

4 play TD drive Was 14 Ind 20, Plays: 4 Yards: 55 Possession: 2:01

5 plays and punt

4 play TD drive Was 14 Ind 27, Plays: 4 Yards: 81 Possession: 2:02

3 and out

7 Play TD drive missed 2 pt conversion 33-14

15 plays and missed FG

10 play FG drive Was 14 Ind 36, Plays: 10 Yards: 46 Possession: 5:30

15 play garbage time TD… 4 minute drive

Archived