Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Defense.... Where did it go?

Jskins_83

Well I start this thread off with... I still love our boys and have a ton of confidence in what they can do... but..... something that is breaking my heart and I just had to wrtie about it for a minute.

As the past few seasons have come to an end it had seemingly been the same ole story. "God we have a strong defense , if only we could score". Now granite we didnt score but 3 points in the Giants game, but where is that top 10 defense of the past number of years?

I have been watching week in and week out as our D-line gets made look like the line from some division 25A college program. Lemar Marshal and Marcus Washington.... they both got RAN OVER by Tiki Barber yesterday. And not just once. I am watching average players running through our tackels, (and no im not calliong Tiki average) I am watching our secondary, Sean Taylor fully included, get burned time after time. Wrong angles being taken all over the field.

This is disgusting watching what USED to be such a quality D. And for the first couple weeks all I could say is ... "No Sean Springs" Well guess what folks, other good defenses have back-ups playing right now as well. And when I watch us get burned at every single position I cant help but think that this has a lot more to it than the absence of Sean Springs. And if it doesnt... then that is pretty sad that an 11 man defense is controlled that much by an aging cornerback. Dont get me wrong, I love Springs and know we are missing him. But give me a break. We were very lucky to only give up 19 points to the Giants yesterday. Very lucky. Dallas 27, Jax 30... If someone could fill me in on how, why, and when this defense decided it was time to call it quits I would love to hear it. At least if I know why and how I dont have keep befuddling myself while watching us give up sustained drive after sustained drive to every team we face off with.

Sorry for the downer post. But watching our offense struggle on the road was nothing new. Watching our defense fail to make the Giants punt until the 4th quarter. I almost threw up. And in all seriousness I woke up this morning with mudd butt like no other. And yes i do blame the skins defense for that! Haha. take care all... hail to the skins.... we got a lot of time left..... lets get our **** together!!!

Consistency is the key.....we have none. One week we play like we have a purpose...then next we play with no heart. I'm not bashing, just stating what I see happening. To me, the play calling took a complete 180 from the last two weeks...no quick hitches, no short passes to the play makers, ect..........we seemed to just stick to the same game plan throughout this game until the 4th qtr when we tried to change it, but it was too late, even though it was evident the plan was not working.

Not to mention what has been beaten to death on these boards.....our secondary can be thrown on at will....literally.......I cannot recall having a more unproductive secondary on the Skins for a long long time. Until it's corrected.....we are going to get burned.

The secondary does not only cover, they are a catalyst for the blitz......if we have to worry ourselves to the point of not committing to the blitz because we are worried abotu exposing our corners 1 on 1, then there is little or no worry by the opposition as it relates to pressure on the QB.

We have to shore up the secondary and get back to the quick hitters that put the ball in the playmakers hands.

Archived