Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We had Green Bay by the short &curlies...

Awesome

Who do we sacrifice to the gods?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we sacrifice to the gods?

• Spurrier
    • Lewis
    • Snyder
    • Cerrato
    • Mendes
    • Helton
    • Satan/Saddam Hussein/Osama
    • The Ghost of Jack Kent Cooke

and then let go.

I was very impressed with the fire and detemination the team demonstrated in the beginning of the third quarter, especially the D.

The D was making plays. They forced a turnover and knocked Favre out of the game. The offense started out better and stuck with Davis.

But, as usual, with bad execution on key plays, penalties, and missed oportunities, the Skins were able to seal another loss.

They got the ball into the red zone and came away with three points. The opportunities were there, but instead of taking advantage of them, the Skins, as they are very adept at doing, totally missfired on every key play and gave the game to the Packers.

This year's team has had numerous opportunities to make plays. But they can never seem to execute when it matters. Blown opportunities such as missed interceptions, lots of fumbles, dropped passes, muffed tackles, and badly thrown balls are what has kiiled this team. It's not as though they're getting blown out, except for the Philly game. The Skins are beating themselves more than their opponents are. In short, they play sloppy, mistake-prone football.

Now, that has been a virtue of most Skins teams we have all known for the last 8-10 years. I was sincerely optimistic about SS being able to correct this terrible flaw and maybe he will. But right now, I am seeing a team that lacks mental focus and toughness, and a coach that is not ready to coach in this league.

But hey, what's new?

Archived