Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Running offense might be tough aginast the jags front 4

skinsngibbs4life

Instilling the running game has finally come back to be a focal point for the skins offense. Our running game looked great on sunday.

However, I dont think we will have as much success againsts the jags front 4. Even without hayward, they should still be very tough.

in my opinion, the passing game is going to be the key to our offense this week, because we might have some troubles running the ball. This will especially hold true if portis is still a little dinged up.

Lets just hope that we can run the ball well, and run it often. If we can get our offense moving early, we will at least be in the game all game long, no matter what our defense does.

We are going to have to get CP on the edge and have all our big boys blockin for him. We are probably going to stay away from going up the middle because they will destroy us if we try running at their DTs. Some screens and stuff will work early on but eventually we'll have to go deep after we establish the run.

i dont think our running game will be affective at all sunday. but at the same time i do think we should show the jags d that we are committed to the run so they walk their safetys up in the box, thats when we open the passing game up. hopefully a bit more than last week against the texans, some downfield passes.

their D is greatness, but we got em right where we want... coming off a hard fought Monday night game, short work week to play at Indy, followed by another road game at FedEx

they'll win a few snaps, but to say they'll shut down our running game completely? :laugh: not very likely

I agree that the Jags have a very tough defensive front 7.. That being said, Clinton Portis is not your average, everyday, run of the mill RB. He has a chance to have a big game against ANY NFL defense

GW said that portis dinged his shoulder again. Do you think that he will be able to show a true showing against a defense this good?

I think for us to be sucessful running the ball, we need to get to the outside. Up to now, the Jags haven't played a team that has the speed on the edge like CP (Dallas, Pittsburg, Indy). Their line is very beefy and stout, so we need to get them running all around the field. I think mixing up things like draws, screens, and the like with CP will be very key. We will have to sustain long drives to get them huffing and puffing. Again, their D has taken care of business and gotten off the field fairly quickly. It goes without saying that our passing game must be on the mark to win this game ultimately though as we will HAVE to take some shot down field off play action if we are on our A game running the ball. Just my 2 cents.

this will be a lunch pail game

we're going to have to get a hat on a hat when it comes to blocking,and we're gonna need to sustain those blocks.

putting together long drives for point will be key.even if it's for 3 points,getting there defense out there for 11-15 plays will tire them out.

this will be a lunch pail game

we're going to have to get a hat on a hat when it comes to blocking,and we're gonna need to sustain those blocks.

putting together long drives for point will be key.even if it's for 3 points,getting there defense out there for 11-15 plays will tire them out.

You're exactly right.. we need to tire their D out, keep them out there the majority of the game. If we win the Time of Possession, I think that we'll win the game.

Archived