Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just a thought

TigerSkins

Okay, so I'm a new Washington fan and I do not know as much about the reoccurring quarterback controversies as the more experienced Redskins fans. I do not know a whole lot about Joe Gibbs other than what I've read on this board. Also, I am an Auburn fan who followed Jason Campbell to the Redskins.

With that all being said, chew on this thought.

Gibbs has set himself up for 2 chances to get to the super bowl.

1. This year with Mark Brunell at quarterback and all the talent he has around him. Therefore, Gibbs will not pull Brunell until all chances of making it to the playoffs have been eliminated, no matter how good or bad he is playing.

2. If I am correct, this is year 3 of a 5 year contract. If the Redskins do blow their chance to go to the playoffs, Jason Campbell will start only then. Year 4 Jason will start but have his growing pains (depending on how he how long he plays in year 3). Finally, in the last year of the contract, Jason will be experienced and right where Joe Gibbs wants him.

People who are successful, such as Gibbs has been, have plans. I'm sure he has a plan in place and will follow that plan.

I believe that Jason has not played because it is not in his plan for Jason to play yet. Especially since this is typical Joe Gibbs behavior of not playing quarterbacks early.

I think Jason will be successful once he gets his chance. He will have time to grow but I think the Redskins will be proud.

Archived