Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Offensive System In Crisis

RedzoneHunter

The yelling and screaming for the replacement of the Redskins starting quarterback is already being heard loud and clear all around the world of professional football. Many of the die-hard Redskins fans are already throwing in the towel and begging for a switch at quarterback. It didn't take long for the name calling to begin, a la, "he sucks"..."he's all washed up" and the like.

No doubt, after only two short weeks, the Redskins find themselves in a very tough situation. But is it really fair to lay all of the blame at the feet of the starting quarterback? I don't believe it's fair at all, no more so, than blaming it all on the offensive line that failed to give the quarterback the time needed to complete passes. But if it's not their fault, then what in the world is the problem?

The trouble is that heads are always going to roll in this business, and everyone is always looking for someone to point the finger at when things don't go as planned. However, things are not always as they appear. This isn't as complicated as it may seem. There is a perfect explanation why the quarterback is not performing up to the level of high expectations.

No, the starting quarterback isn't all of a sudden a terrible quarterback. He looks like a fish out of the water for a real good reason. It's just the same as sending an American to live on his own in Russia. That's what it must feel like for an experienced quarterback to be placed into a new system where the playbook is over 700 pages long. Oh sure, he'll finally learn the system after a while, but like the man sent to live in Russia, he's going to look and act like a fool for a while.

Up to this point, I haven't mentioned the names of any of the quarterbacks. Why should I when there's no need to? The Redskins employ three quarterbacks. Only one of the three knows the language, but he's been busy watching the other two trying to feel their way around. Too bad there's no interpreters in football.

It appears that it's going to be a long season for Redskin fans, that is unless maybe someone is wise enough to send in the guy who actually knows the language, whatever his name is. Then again, maybe we'll be content learning the hard way and losing as well. I don't know about you, but I think it might be better for everyone, if the two guys that don't know the language followed the guy that does for a while. Maybe they would both learn the language faster, and have a good chance of being winners at the same time.

Maybe the guy who knows the language isn't as talented as the other two, but he might be just good enough to manage the game, as apposed to trying to feel his way around in the dark like the other two. Hmmmmm? I wonder what the coaches will do about this, and when? I have a hunch that whatever it is they decide, it more than likely won't be popular. At least we can be certain that the Redskins aren't purposely trying to lose to get a better draft pick.

Archived