Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Observations, Keepers and Cutters

RedzoneHunter

QUARTERBACK -

Once again, Brunnel has proven to be slow when it comes to learning a new system, just like when Ramsey beat him out in Gibb's first year back, but hopefully he'll get in sinc before Sept. 11th, because you can bet that the job is already his regardless.

Campbell appears to be the only bright spot so far. He is used to new systems, in fact, that's all he's seen for the past six years. He has put in extra work this off season and it shows.

I have been greatly disappointed with Collins, so much so, that I'd rather see Bramlet get a chance to show what he can do. For someone that has been in Saunders system for five years, it sure is hard to tell. It may be that he has the head knowledge, but no talent. I'm not impressed in the least.

RECEIVER -

Moss, LLoyd and Randle El are obviously keepers, but Patten has been very unimpressive surprisingly.

Mike Espy is a keeper that will keep on improving with experience. He also plays special teams, so it looks like Patten's days could be numbered, especially since Thrash is also a special teamer.

CORNER -

The starters are set, but the nickel back doesn't appear to be settled yet. I'm not so sure about Wright as he has been toast way too often. It may be that he is a good corner, but lacks the skills to play nickel. Rumph has looked very impressive so far. He's very aggressive, quick and doesn't seem to mind laying the wood on people either.

Jimoh, if he could only learn to turn his head around and look for the ball when he's in man coverage. He covers great, but always gets burned because he never looks for the ball. However, he is valuable on special teams. It's kind of a toss up on Morton and Battles, but I'm leaning towards Battles so far because he is always on his man like clue.

SPECIAL TEAMS -

We are in desperate need of a coach that knows how to get the most out of his players. Danny Smith has proven that he is not that guy. Too bad we can't lure Pete Rodriguez away from Seattle. He was great when he was with us before, but special teams has been lacking terribly ever since he left.

Archived