Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

just an observation

AFskinsfan

Don't read too much into this, but have you noticed that all of the big plays this pre-season have been from JC? I believe he has the longest rush of the PS as well as the longest pass. Now I'm not saying he should be the starter come SEP 11th. I'm just saying that the kid is a playmaker. Yes, I know he's only been playing with 2nd and 3rd teams. What ever, he is still making plays which is more than I can say for most of the team. It seems that he is taking full advantage of his playing time and making it count. He is also working his way into the hearts and minds of all skins fans...which isn't a bad idea in this town.

He should be the clear #2 QB on this team. Although Collins knows the offense (which is questionable) he is not a playmaker, JC is. I know that Gibbs likes to shelve his rookie QB's for a few years and get them good and ready. That worked 10 years ago, but like his offense, maybe that philosophy is outdated. QB's these days are smarter and can assimilate info faster than those of the past. Just like most kids these days are smarter than we were at their age. JC may not like holding a clipboard for 3 years especially when he sees people like Eli and Ben being successful and making money. Bottom line is he needs to be the number 2 this year and start next year.

One last observation/question. What kind of assurance do we have that Saunders is going to stick around for a few years? What happens if he gets offered his dream HC job elsewhere? Is JC going to have to learn a new offense once again? How pissed would you be if he went to Dallas? let that marinate for a while and let me know what you think.

One last observation/question. What kind of assurance do we have that Saunders is going to stick around for a few years? What happens if he gets offered his dream HC job elsewhere? Is JC going to have to learn a new offense once again? How pissed would you be if he went to Dallas? let that marinate for a while and let me know what you think.

What assurance do we have of ANY coach sticking around? NONE.

I don't play the what if game very well. I am much more concerned with what Saunders does THIS year here.......than what if he leaves.

Blondie

Archived