Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gamenight ESPN Radio

chronicdesi

I was driving down to Dulles Airport to pick some people up tonight, and I happened to be listening to Gamenight on ESPN Radio XXX, which is really frustrating that you can't listen to it without static on 270 one of major roadways in our area, but that is for another thread and I digress.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone caught the section on impact players on each team. I don't listen frequently, but the two guys that were talking seemed like they knew nothing. When it came time to evaluate the Redskins, the first guy said Andre Carter would be an impact player. IMO Carter may be the player that will impact our defense the most. The frustrating part came when he referred to Carter as LB, and said now that Arrington and Pierce had departed, Carter would sure up the LB position. Now, I'm not saying every person should know every player and position for every team. BUT, if you are going to go as far as to say they will be the biggest impact player on our team, please at least know their position.

Did anyone else listen to this? Also, I know it's been done before, but who do you think will be our impact player?

I've read/heard a number of media pundits mention Carter as playing LB for the Skins. I think many in the national scene think of it more as we lost Arrington and then signed a guy that played LB last year for the 9ers so obviously he must be the replacement.

Archived