Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spurrier on Lews: "Don't tell me what he's doing is wrong!"

DeathByLinebacker

If you compare the first 3 games from last year to this year it is an improvement.

Ave score was 37-5

passing we gave up 237 a game

rushing we gave up 165 a game

0-3

This year

Ave score 27-16

passing we gave up 201 a game

rushing we gave up 163 a game

1-2

This bye week has come at a good time for us. I believe we will see an overall improvement and start to get things going in Tenn.

We all love our Redskins and we are disappointed with what we are seeing on the field. It is a new system on both sides of the ball and it takes time.

Only thing else I can add is HTTR

Lowghost

I don't think the bickering is the problem, it is HOW they are going about it.

I seriously wonder if Marvin and Arrington have had a sit down yet?

They both have shown no problem basically blaiming the other in the media.

That is the problem. Do Dinner at Arrington or Lewis' house or something, but leave the media OUT of it.

Originally posted by Art

Tommy,

For the record, only Lavar missed the tackle in the backfield on the Owens play. Wynn was simply faked out and never touched Owens I don't think. They get paid too. But, again, that's not all that we're talking about. One play doesn't define a game. A game defines a game.

Art,

One play may not define a game, but one play will and usually does decide a game. That play was a microcosm of our season on "D" so far. We were in a position to stop that play for a loss and look what happened. Players missed tackles, guys over pursued, defenders did not fill the holes in the lanes/cutback lanes. We allowed ourselves to be tied up in blocks and be driven out of the play or on are arses. Smoot got knocked silly on that play by the way. So to sum it up, LA whiffed, Trotter was invisable,Smoot looked bad and got his arse handed to him. Just like I said a microcosm of our season so far.

The Problem I see here is Marvin Lewis heading somewhere else after the season is over. What if the defense don't start coming together until late in the season, and Marvin Lewis decides he wants to move on to greener pastures. We will be stuck once gain with another DC who might decide he wants to take the defense in another direction.

If this happens, I will be totally sick.. :puke: I just think the coach should use his players according to their strengths, period. Marty had to do this and it paid off somewhat. Don't get me wrong, but I love what Marvin can do with a defense. But if it doesn't fit, you can't always try to force it.

One of my main concerns is the team turning on the coaches. Some of these players have bigger egos than the coaches we have, and if their not playing all pro ball like they know they can. They will start to turn and pointing fingers. (read the post article).

Lavar is already starting too fuse.... :nono:

Archived