Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Big ? for this season will be AL Saunders

ProBowler

No not really. I know they come from the same school of coaching. When I say open it up I'm talking more about the time he was with Vermiel at the Rams. I'think I'm correct about this. I think Martz was the QB coach at the time and Saunders was the OC and if I'm right we will look alot like the Rams Super Bowl team with our personel. That would be great!

All I'm saying is this. Yea, KC has led the league in offense almost every year if not every year when Saunders was there, but that didn't result in a Super Bowl either and it's not going to gurantee a trip to the Super Bowl here either. Just look at the Steelers. They are not flashy and only passed when they had too, but even the Steelers had a better tandem of WR's than we did.

I'm just saying Gibbs being the offensive leader for the skins is what brought the team 3 Super bowls. This was his way of always doing things. He was never a Vermeil Style of coach.

I'm excited about next year. This could be the best year ever for skins fans, but what if people including Gibbs under estimates how important it was for him to be doing what he has always done.

I mean seriously, what is Gibbs going to be doin on gamedays now. He was always a hands on coach on the sidelines. Maybe I'm just paranoid!

Saunders also did not have a top 10 defense like we had here When your defense is in the bottom 5 and you have a top offense it does not always even out.

Saunders was actually the WR coach with the Rams under Vermeil.

Secondly, the reason those KC teams didn't make a run at the Super Bowl was their defense, not their offense. The defensive side of the ball has been the problem in KC for years now, there is a reason they wanted Gregg Williams to be their head coach, and eventually settled for Herm Edwards.

I wasn't sure about his time at the Rams.

Yea, I know that KC didn't have no defense. That probably wasn't the best example. I'm getting way off topic and starting to repeat myself but no offense to Greg but without Saunders being there(wich he wouldn't have)it would have been a Buffalo story all over again. If you look at the other top coaches in the league they come from the offensive side of the ball. Gruden, Holmgren, Andy Reid, Gibbs can't froget him.

If you look at the other top coaches in the league they come from the offensive side of the ball. Gruden, Holmgren, Andy Reid, Gibbs can't froget him.

Huh? 4 out of the last 5 Superbowls were won with defensive roots coaches, and the fifth - the Bucs, won with the team Dungy built and ran Dungy's defensive system.

Bellichek, Cowher, Parcells, Del Rio, Marvin Lewis, Lovie Smith - all pretty solid coaches.

KC was averging I think something like 35 points per game for the last few years, but their defense was so bad they never made it past the first round of the playoffs during Vermeil/Saunders tenure.

Trust me, Our offense will be a combonation of Gibbs and Saunders.

Sorry if someone already hit on this but I didn't read all the posts. some of them were really long. But I truly believe that a guy like Saunders is only brought in because they want more than an assistant coach. Gibbs is nearing the end of his contract and I don't think he's gonna stick around after it's up. What beter way to build your team up and ease the transition when changing coaches than to just promote the guy that's already there. I don't think Gibbs is going to have any less control over the team and the coaching aspect just the play calling. I think there's a reason for that also. Saunders needs to get these guys on board with everything he's going to try and do. If I'm right and he's the next head coach he, Gibbs and Snyder need that to happen.

Archived