Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins actually get some love from the press

Langford78

I just read an article on www.realfootball365.com about Dan Snyder and the Redskins that was really good. While it acnowledged Snyder has made mistakes, (he's human...humans make mistakes) all he wants to do is win and consistantly does everything in his power to get us to (and win) the big dance. I agree with the author, Connor Byrne, that one reason so many national sportswriters constantly rip into Snyder and the Redskins is that the teams those writers root for don't have owners so dedicated to winning...and they're jealous.

I realize that Connor Byrne isn't exactly a big time sportswriter, but it's still nice to read this kind of article on a national football website, ya know?

Anyway, here's the article. http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/05/daniel-snyder-cowboys260506.html

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

I wrote this email and got this response...pretty cool guy.

Mr Byrne,

> Thank you for that fresh perspective on Dan Snyder and his work as

> Owner of the Redskins. Most articles in the media seem to just take

> the easy road and bash the owner and team at any chance. Your article

> gives credit where it is due and if the Skins do well this year, you

> will be one of the few sportswriters that will not have to be

> rewriting their opinions about the team. Thanks for the article, we

> are out here, we are reading, and we do remember.

No problem, Edgar.

Too often, Snyder gets a bad rap in the media. Obviously, I'm just one guy, but hopefully I can turn the opinion of the Redskins' fans toward media members. Guys like Peter King, even though I like him a lot, bash Snyder every chance they get, and I don't understand why. He does a great job.

Thanks and take care.

-Connor J. Byrne

I wrote this email and got this response...pretty cool guy.

Mr Byrne,

> Thank you for that fresh perspective on Dan Snyder and his work as

> Owner of the Redskins. Most articles in the media seem to just take

> the easy road and bash the owner and team at any chance. Your article

> gives credit where it is due and if the Skins do well this year, you

> will be one of the few sportswriters that will not have to be

> rewriting their opinions about the team. Thanks for the article, we

> are out here, we are reading, and we do remember.

No problem, Edgar.

Too often, Snyder gets a bad rap in the media. Obviously, I'm just one guy, but hopefully I can turn the opinion of the Redskins' fans toward media members. Guys like Peter King, even though I like him a lot, bash Snyder every chance they get, and I don't understand why. He does a great job.

Thanks and take care.

-Connor J. Byrne

Interesting that he specifically brought up Peter King, meaning that even media members notice the unwarranted bashing that Snyder receives. Although I believe that Byrne gives Snyder too much credit for the personnel moves. Snyder isn't making the decisions. He's just making sure it gets done when Gibbs decides he wants a guy.

Although I believe that Byrne gives Snyder too much credit for the personnel moves. Snyder isn't making the decisions. He's just making sure it gets done when Gibbs decides he wants a guy.

Agreed. Snyder is not the de facto GM; Gibbs is. Cerrato is basically the intermediary between Gibbs and the scouts.

Snyder is probably more involved on brainstorming than many owners -- whether that's good or not -- but the decision on personnel is left to Gibbs and his assistants.

Archived