Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

another case of insomnia

AFskinsfan

As I was laying in bed trying to get some sleep I was watching NFL total access. I noticed that whenever they showed another teams highlights there was almost always one of the Redskins getting scored on or being the ones that Ladanian runs over/around. I started to think back of all the highlights I've seen and the Skins are in quite a few of them. If you don't believe me, just watch and pay attention. Maybe delerium is setting in from the lack of sleep, but I seem to remember that there are 30 other teams they could have put in there. I know we aren't the best team out there (stat wise at least) but come on! I know we aren't the only team that opponents create highlight reels on. Watch NFL TA tomorrow morning or tonight if you can't sleep like me and you'll see what I mean. Needless to say I started going off on tangents, kind of like now, and I started thinking about the conspiracy theories against the skins and how everyone was complaining that we paid too much for Randle El. So I did a little research and here is what I found:

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the New York Giants have reached a six-year deal with free agent WR Plaxico Burress (Steelers). The deal is worth $25 million and includes $8.25 million in guaranteed bonuses, an initial signing bonus of $5 million and a $3.25 option bonus due during the spring of 2006. The first two years of the deal have guaranteed salaries and Burress will earn $11.38 million over the first two years. Over the first three years of the deal, he will earn $14.6 million.

the Washington Redskins signed Antwan Randel El to a 6 year, $27 million dollar contract with eight million in guaranteed signing bonuses.

Ok so we paid 2 million more, but add 1 year worth of "NFL inflation" and a Super Bowl ring and I think they are similar contracts yet there was no mention of the Giants over paying. I look at it like this Randle El can catch, run, and play special teams, oh and he can throw as well. Buress can catch and maybe run after the catch a little. He is also injury prone.

It just makes good buisness sense, any employer out there would rather have someone who can multitask and provide more skills for the workplace. While you may pay that individual more money than another employee, you will save money by not having to pay someone else the big bucks to do what one can do.

I just thought of something else Randle El can do that Buress can't and thats pay his taxes.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling, insomnia can do weird things. I think I'll go and paint the guest room now.

Nah man, no need to appologize...go on if you wish. I'm here at work until 6 in the morning...I'll read anything new that pops up on this site until then.

And for the record, I hate Lenny P with a passion!

I'm up too

I got a cold :cry:

And oh well, I came here to check out Redskins news since sleep is like not gonna happen and if it does, my nose will be all stuffed up and I will feel like my head weights about 50 pounds

Archived