Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My projected offensive depth chart [uses lots of conjecturing]

D'Pablo

i think patton will stay

1. Its Patten not Patton (were talking about David Patten not General Patton)

2. If Patten stays this year its because Gibbs wants him to not himself, I bet he does want to be here because if he stays hes a 4th receiver. He will be gone by next year.

Manuel White was a rb at USC and the transition to H-Back can be somewhat dramatic considering the responsibilities involved. He was struggling in camp last year, and spent last season on IR. I seriously doubt he makes the team. He was a fourth round pick, and fourth round picks aren't locks for any positions on a given team.

Also, Jacobs may be cut, but I think that Patten will be too. The things that Patten has said sound eerily familiar to me. He obviously wants a starting job, but I doubt he'll climb above any of our trade/FA acquisitions. This will cause hard feelings, especially for a veteran that was vocal about being a starter last year. Rather than have a voice of dissent running through the lockerroom, I think Gibbs would rather cut Patten loose.

I read recently that Goodwin can play the center position as well as guard. That seems like a major plus. He is, however, a natural right guard. It would be better to get some specialized depth at the center position. Again, McCollum comes cheap.

Molinaro, and I'm speculating here, has come across as slow on the edges due a lack of adjustment to NFL game speed. He has made the roster for a couple of years now, and obviously the coaching staff sees something in him to keep him around. The Redskins website has him listed as a tackle, too, so I doubt he moves inside to play guard. If he did move in to guard, we'd have absolutely no depth at OT.

As far as Lutui, I've read a lot about him and I've seen him play quite a bit. They say he is slow and can't make it to the second level, but on the NFL level, he is going to have to lose weight anyway (from 370 to about 330ish). Also, he was athletic enough at USC for them to use him at RT for a number of games. Considering we're not asking for anyone drafted in the second round (except perhaps an OLB) to start, I think it would be wise to take on a small developmental project that provides some quality depth.

Archived