Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why I like our reciever pick ups.

Stophovr6

Scanning this board and others i've noticed some complaints about our new recievers. People say that Randel El is not that good because he only had one touchdown last year. Other say Lloyd is unproven talent, another bust like Rod Gardner. That he catches the difficult balls and drops the easy ones...and so on and so forth.

Here is what I have to say to that....popey****!

I think these two receivers will be a great additions. For one, I think that Lloyd can still be developed. I also think he was playing for an abismal team the last few years and will now be set up in a real offense with Al Saunders running things.

Then there is the issue of Randel El getting only 1 td reception last year. To be honest I heard this one being rehashed too many times on cowboyzone. But I don't see ARE as a TD catching machine anyways. I see him as a reciever that will take pressure of of Moss. I see a versatile playmaker on ST and Offense. Whether it be punt returns or throwing TDs.

So yeah, both of these guy as individuals don't stand out as number 1's. But that's ok because we have a proven number 1. A guy who sped past Dallas secondaries twice in the final minutes of a game. A guy who came in second with a recieving yards... a Number 1 who made it to the Pro-bowl.

Hail.

I completely agree. I think the two receivers we have signed each have something to bring to the table. Lloyd has great athleticism and decent speed. El is a good slot receiver with good speed and hands, not to mention a great teams player. Then we have out #1 who has great speed, great hands, great deep ball pass catcher, great yac player. Do I need to say that we finally have Wr's who compliment each other.

I know he's NOT a WR, but don't forget about Cooley. Having him as a receiving threat will open things up for all of our WR's. And just when you think you have them all covered...Sellers slips out into the flat!!

Can't play everybody..if all three receivers are out on the field, Cooley and i assume Portis (or a another RB like Betts) i think your not going to see Sellers on the field. Don't know what kind of role there will be for him in Al Saunders offense. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

:cheers: Happy St Pats

I like our receivers simply because I believe opposing defensive coordinators will HATE them.

Picture this:

Saunders comes out with a three-receiver set. Moss and Lloyd on the edges with El in the slot next to Moss. Five down lineman with Cooley set in motion one way, then doubling back. Cooley sets. Just when the defense is anticipating the snap, Saunders sends Moss in motion leaving Lloyd in the slot and El on the edge. Defense scrambles to adjust last second. Just then, Strong Safety looks and sees Portis single back set with a sly grin on his face. SS is thinking, "Ah ****!"

Seriously, who are you going to cover? Pick your poison bro. Go ahead, double Moss. I DARE YA!

Man, I can't friggin' wait!!

I've heard the Randle El arguments regarding only 1 TD last year, but if there's one thing that we proved last year it's that we can get TDs out of alot of people. We don't need Lloyd and Randle El to be monsters, what we need is for them to contribute and influence the opposing defense so that they can't stack the box and double Moss. Maybe based on what I thought we needed we overpaid, but with the way that the Skins have mastered the cap, it won't kill us.

Archived