Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bogus NFL Draft Value Chart

golfgram

I am convinced that the NFL value chart is the bogus creation of Smart GMs to take advantage of dumb GMs. I would love to see the statistics behind this. There are many components of stats, average outcomes, median outcomes, variance of outcomes, etc. I guarantee If i had a terrible team and could trade the 2nd pick in the draft for the 38-42nd picks, I would do it almost every year. I am still amazed by the lack of intelligence and stats understanding of personnel in the league and the media. Everyone is convinced that their prospect is can't miss. Thank god Dannyboy and our cap-ologists are smarter than the others.

I am convinced that the NFL value chart is the bogus creation of Smart GMs to take advantage of dumb GMs. I would love to see the statistics behind this. There are many components of stats, average outcomes, median outcomes, variance of outcomes, etc. I guarantee If i had a terrible team and could trade the 2nd pick in the draft for the 38-42nd picks, I would do it almost every year. I am still amazed by the lack of intelligence and stats understanding of personnel in the league and the media. Everyone is convinced that their prospect is can't miss. Thank god Dannyboy and our cap-ologists are smarter than the others.

I'm intrigued as to who you feel are the smart GMs and the dumb GMs.

Additionally, I'm a bit concerned that you claim that dumb GMs are willing to pay the prices dictated by the value chart, then refer to our front office as smart.

I suppose you've already forgotten the Jason Campbell trade which was very close to the pick value assigned to the 25th pick. We paid a little bit less since Denver foolishly thought we would give them a top 15 pick at worst.

In any case, whether you agree with the values or not (I'm frankly with you, I think the top 10 picks are overrated), every GM abides by it, so I think the assertion that only the dumb GMs get gypped by the pick value chart holds very little water.

Two things: if you understand how any futures market works, you'll see that valueing a 2nd round pick today higher than a 2nd round pick tomorrow makes lots of sense; and secondly, there is no definitive draft value chart. Each team has their own, and it actually changes pretty regularly.

Two things: if you understand how any futures market works, you'll see that valueing a 2nd round pick today higher than a 2nd round pick tomorrow makes lots of sense; .

Yep. I can see that.

and secondly, there is no definitive draft value chart. Each team has their own, and it actually changes pretty regularly.

Interesting. How do you know that? I'm not disagreeing, I'm uninformed on the subject.

Archived