Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I thought Snyder revoking tickets from fans that sold them?

Redskins4VT

Hi, I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone knew if it was true that Snyder would revoke your tickets if you sold them on a site like this. Or is it any different if you sell them here on ES? I was thinking about selling some of my tickets for this upcoming season to fellow redskin fans because we won't be in town most of the season, but I certainly won't do it if Snyder is patrolling the board. Thanks for the help.

No biggie if you're only selling a few tickets a season to a few different games... There was an article in the WP last season about the Skins revoking season ticket holders who were scalping their tickets but I think they were really going after the ones who had blocks of tickets (like brokers) that were selling them for outrageous prices. And I never heard anything else if they did crack down or not. Probably just a scare tactic. This board is a good place to sell them. If you sell them for face value, there's nothing to worry about.

you are allowed to sell them up to face value. The ones that they go after are the people that try to sell blocks of tickets for profit on ebay and sites like that. Thats why people only list the row alot of the times on ebay - so its not obvious what season ticket holder is selling.

As far as I know, their is no problem selling some of your tickets here. My brother has bought single game tickets on ES a few times.

Since you will be looking to sell some tickets, I am looking to take my son to a game for his 16th B'day. I will be looking for 4 tickets to a game in either Sept or Oct, since I'm going to take the family I thought warmer weather would be better. Keep me in mind if you are looking to sell.

I'm from Philadelphia area and my email is jpompilii@comcast.net. Thanks!!

Hi, I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone knew if it was true that Snyder would revoke your tickets if you sold them on a site like this. Or is it any different if you sell them here on ES? I was thinking about selling some of my tickets for this upcoming season to fellow redskin fans because we won't be in town most of the season, but I certainly won't do it if Snyder is patrolling the board. Thanks for the help.
i will buy any tickets you will not be able to attend.:cheers:

i would like to purchase a couple of your tickets today. email address ( mbcnails@cox.net ) my wifes email please let me know as soon as you want to deal. hail to the redskins.:dallasuck

I have 2 tix the family has owned them as far back as when Snyder was in diapers. I now live in 2 and a half hours away and attend as many games as my geographically status, schedule permits. I sell the tix here when I cannot use them always for face value. Try screwing with my tix Richie Rich

The back of each ticket specifically says that selling season tickets, or even just advertising them, at any price, is a violation and that the owner of the tickets could lose the rights to them. It also says that advertising any single game ticket in excess of its face value is a violation, and the owner could lose his rights.

All the ticket holders that Snyder has gone after so far have had seats in the lower level.

If you sell them at face value then you're selling them for less than you pay for them (i.e. admissions and amusement taxes)!

The reality is that no one I know is able to attend each and every game so why shouldn't someone else go and enjoy the game? So what if you sell them - Snyder is still making money on everything they buy once they get there -not to mention that the tickets have already been paid for. We have a situation this year where a couple of the folks in our group can't attend this year's games due to a family situation. They don't want to give up their seats because they will be attending games again once the crisis passes - so why let the seats sit empty?

The seats definitely won't be empty, I came to this site because I wanted to make sure they were filled with skins fans for the games we couldn't attend. But as of now I don't know and won't know when or if we'll sell the tickets, and I won't know for a number of months (hopefully I'll be able to attend most of them). Besides that, thanks for the welcome.

If you sell them at face value then you're selling them for less than you pay for them (i.e. admissions and amusement taxes)!

That's true. The other thing is, and I've stated this before, a game ticket is always going to cost a season ticket holder substantially more than its face value, regardless of the taxes, and regardless of the shipping and handling fee. If you are a season ticket holder, you buy a ticket package, you are forced to pay face for all tickets, including the pre season tickets, whether you want them or not.

Next, let's say you try to sell the pre season tickets, which is within the boundaries of the Redskins ticket agreement. If you're lucky you'll get $25-50 on the open market for a pair of tickets that cost you $150- $220. This means you've effectively paid substantially more than face value for the other eight games. This would be your real cost of the regular game tickets.

Now if you look at the language on the ticket:

"This game ticket may not be sold for a price in excess of its cost."

It uses the term "cost" instead of "face value." Since you can argue the regular game ticket's actual cost is roughly 20% higher than a regular game ticket's face value, this legitimately justifies selling a regular game ticket for 20% higher than face or face plus taxes.

And it wouldn't be breaking the terms of the Redskins ticket agreement. A season ticket holder could sell all his regular game tickets at 20% higher than face, and not make a dime more than the season ticket package cost him.

Archived