Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Christian Fauria

HailYeah

Let's discuss our new TE. I admit I am looking for info on this guy. I know he's a vet and I'm sure he's a Gibbs-type player. Anybody know how his pass-catching skills are? I think he's much more of a blocking TE which is great but it would be nice if he could catch a few balls too.

Had 7 TD's in 2002.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/3130/

I'm sure he can provide more protection than Royal did (who I was not a big fan of). Maybe even get some down-field blocks for Portis? Anybody intimately familiar with his game? I wouldn't be surprised if we draft a young pass-catching TE to go along with Fauria. Any comments/infor would be much appreciated!

Let's discuss our new TE. I admit I am looking for info on this guy. I know he's a vet and I'm sure he's a Gibbs-type player. Anybody know how his pass-catching skills are? I think he's much more of a blocking TE which is great but it would be nice if he could catch a few balls too.

Had 7 TD's in 2002.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/3130/

I'm sure he can provide more protection than Royal did (who I was not a big fan of). Maybe even get some down-field blocks for Portis? Anybody intimately familiar with his game? I wouldn't be surprised if we draft a young pass-catching TE to go along with Fauria. Any comments/infor would be much appreciated!

Yes, Fauria is a big blocking TE! He can catch the ball (I believe 20 TD/carreer)

used mainly as a blocker!!!

Christian will get his opportunities to catch the ball. Just like Royals did...

Cooley

Sellers

Furia

We're set at TE!!! Short yardage will much easier with his blocking and ability to sneak out to catch the TD much like Sellers does!!!

Now on short yardage:

Portis / Tailback

Sellers / Fullback

Cooley / H back

Furia / Tight End

Oh yea... baby!!! Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!

Well that was an excited poster. Thanks man!!!

With the addition of the receiving studs I see us using a more traditional 1-back set with two TE sometimes, which would mean Cooley lines up on the line of scrimmage more often. I like seeing him move around to create mis-matches and get some space to run as an H-back too, however. I just hope Fauria can stay healthy and gel with the O-line give us those bruising blocks we need in a one-back set.

Archived