Extremeskins

Looking Into the Off-Season

stevzy88va

who would you want to be a Redskin  

1 member has voted

1. 1. who would you want to be a Redskin

• T.O.
    • Randy moss

Ok So Reading the Washington Post and stuff their have been a couple options as far as what we can do in the off-season. Almost half our starters will probably need to negotiate contracts to enable us to keep the team, so hopefully all that will work well. But i would like to know, Best case scenario, what would we be able to do to better our team? I know of course a new quarterback would be nice, but let's be real! :logo:

We probably won't get a new QB that would be anything better than a 3rd stringer at this point. As far as offseason moves, we will probably go after a proven veteran receiver but we don't have a lot of cap money even with all the restructurings ... so I see us going after someone like Eric Moulds, Keenan McKardell, Jimmy Smith (may cost too much with his good season last year), or the guy in San Francisco (forget his name). Reggie Wayne will cost too much if not resigned by Indianapolis and T.O. is too much trouble for our Team first locker room. Other than that, if we can afford a Robert Mathis or another DE with experience, great ... same with an OG, but otherwise I look to get those positions covered in the draft. I doubt we will draft a receiver in the draft ... here is our history since 1992: Desmond Howard, Michael Westbrook, Darnerian McCants, Cliff Russell, and Taylor Jacobs. There may be a few more that I am forgetting, but they are forgetable ... we do not draft WR's well at all. It has been a long time since Monk and Clark (supplemental draft). I think Gibbs would rather have a proven commodity at the position. We are also geared up to run for the trophy now ... so I doubt they will want to draft a WR ... a position that can take 2 - 3 years to develop in the NFL vs. other positions where the players can contribute more readily.

I totally agree with what you are saying. As much as i want somebody as talented as a Reggie Wayne or T.O., it is extremely un-realistic. But let me throw this out there(keep in mind im not an expert on how contracts and things work), what if we gave somebody like T.O. a one- year contract to see how he works in the system. I mean if we lose him at the end of the season because he was difficult, there would be no salary cap hits and he is the type of player that can turn an ordinary team into super bowl contenders. I would love to see what he could do along side Santana Moss, and Chris Cooley. But regarding the D-Ends, we definatly need some work there and an OG would definatly work for the better

As Jerry Reinsdorf said:

"In paying ballplayers, we are at the mercy of our dumbest competitor."

This also applies to most desperate. Since most of the pieces are in place, the Skins ought to get another reliable receiver, and someone who can shore up the D-Line. At this point, superstars are not extremely necessary, but solid players. Balance wins.

I know, but pulling in a top knotch player i dont think would necessarilly break down the team you know. We have 2 superstars in Cooley and Moss, so bringing in another top reciever would balance it out. Moss would be even more of a threat then he already is because the attention would have to be diversed among all the players. It could be like the Colts offense without the best quarterback in the league

Archived