Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Knee Jerk

skinsfan51

This is an obvious knee-jerk reaction from what I've seen in the last few games.

1. John Hall must be replaced. He's never been the same since he got hurt the first time. Before that time he would have banged that FG he just missed 99%.

2. Time to groom the next QB for our team: Jason Campbell. Mark will start the season, of course, but time to groom Jason. I like Mark as a person, and he seems to make some plays (which is from being a smart vet), but he's not dynamic (like Peyton or Brady or even Hasslebeck). We need a guy for the long haul. I take nothing away from what Mark did for us this year. I just think his days are numbered in a good career.

3. Someone needs to step up and reorganize the offensive scheme. Since the Philly game we have really not looked good, and I think each progressive team fed off what they saw from our previous game. We are too predictable. During this game I said out loud: "Don't run on this 2nd down like very other 2nd down. Pass!" They ran for 1 yard. Too predictable.

4. Trade Patrick Ramsey for a dominate DE or a pure #2 WR (Reggie Wayne?)

5. Why didn't we blitz more in this game? I don't understand it. I mean, Gregg Williams is known for his blitzing. Yet, Alexander is out very early and we don't press their only weapon: Hasslebeck. I think that was a bad decision.

6. This team played with heart all year. They did last year, too. Our defense is no doubt superbowl level. If our offense can step it up we will be another team to reckon with next year.

I'm proud of this team. Winning six in a row is no easy task. We have nothing to hang our heads about. Good job, Redskins. I'm proud to be a fan again after many, many years.

Archived