Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Concern For This Game

RiggoReincarnated

The key to this game is simple: Mark Brunell. Portis alone won't move the chains all day long. Brunell has to be able to complete short, high-percentage passes and take the occasional shot down field.

The defense should be able to keep the Seattle offense from scoring at will, but only if they get off the field. If Brunell has another bad performance, I think there is only so much this defense can take. Particularly because Seattle has Alexander, 3 wideouts in Jackson, Jurevicius, and Engram that are stronger then our number 2 by FAR, solid tight end in Jeremy Stevens.

A number of people forget that Engram and Jackson were both out for the Dallas game where Seattle struggled, and Jackson was still out against the Giants. Both were injured during the Redskins game, and I think they realize how hard we hit...but again we have to deal with them at full strength.

Finally, Qwest field scares me. I think its alot louder of a venue then Tampa, and the number of false start penalties the Giants had is astonishing.

I'm going to have alot of trouble sleeping on Friday night, that's for sure. I just don't know if Brunell can cut it.

Cooley needs to regain his form. He needs to give that rookie MLB the business if he gets him one on one. Establish Cooley early. If he, Sellers and Royal can move the chains with some 7-10 yard plays, the Seageeks will be forced to move a safety into coverage short. If they do that, it is all over cause Marcus Trufant aint no Ronde Barber. He can't cover S. Moss all day.

MB'S Stats on Sunday

16-24

239 yards

2 tds

1 fumble

I put that fumble in there for Karma reasons.

Portis still needs to get the ball 25 times at least. He is one that gets better as the game wears on mainly because we keep pounding on the defense.

:helmet: :logo:

Portis got the ball 25 times last game and only got 90 yards (3.9 YPC). We're ranked fifth in the league against the run. While I think the run game will be important, I think the Redskins best chance to beat the Seahawks is through the air.

If there is a concern for the Redskins, it should be Mark Brunell's leg. More than limiting his mobility, it looked like he was having trouble planting and throwing. On one play against the Bucs, he wasn't being hurried at all and underthrew a wide open receiver for what would have been a first down. The missed throw forced the 'Skins to punt.

If Brunell can't get better leverage off that leg, it's going to be hard for him to make the deep throw (which I don't remember seeing against the Bucs but I could be wrong). And the deep ball I think is where the Redskins get their best chance to win.

I'm torn in a couple of directions.

1. I wouldn't mind airing it out with some quick scores.

2. Play smash mouth football with them and see who is better.

But being torn like that, I think I would do both. Run the first half more, then in the 3rd Quarter come out swinging, then run more in the fourth.

Brunell needs to be accurate come saturday... No more missing his targets bc that will lose us the game for sure...

I can't believe the doubt so many supposed Redskin fans have about this Saturday's game. The Seahawk fans are planning their party's after the game, and we're sitting here talking about possibly LOSING!

Where are the REAL fans! We have the #9 D and the #13 O. Need I say more?!~

I can't believe the doubt so many supposed Redskin fans have about this Saturday's game. The Seahawk fans are planning their party's after the game, and we're sitting here talking about possibly LOSING!

Where are the REAL fans! We have the #9 D and the #13 O. Need I say more?!~

I don't get you. SimpleHawk is a Redskins fan? Is that some kind of identity crisis? Anyway, the guy made a logical post. Brunell needs to be in better form than last week to win this game. What most people know is that the Tampa D wasn't the reason that Brunell played a less than stellar game last week - it was Brunell himself, probably because of his injury.

And no, nobody is planning any party. People being realistic on their view of the game doesn't make them any less of a fan than you. In fact, it might actually make them more of one.

Archived