Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Journalists And Gibbs

RiggoReincarnated

If Brunell plays well this weekend, and we manage to beat Seattle and put up over 20 points, then we know for sure he sees something we don't.

If Brunell stinks again and we lose (particularly if its a close game), I think the entire offseason will be dealing with the question "Isn't a healthy Ramsey better then an injured Brunell?"

Yes but I'm curious as to his explanation other then "Mark does the little things to help us win". Sorry but its hard to believe 7 out of 15 really helps out the team

What Gibbs knows.. what Gibbs feels.. what his instincts are..

That's what helps this team.

Have faith.

If (and I say if) Seattle wins Saturday... it won't be because this team isn't mentally prepared, physically prepared or that the coaches aren't prepared.

If Brunell plays well this weekend, and we manage to beat Seattle and put up over 20 points, then we know for sure he sees something we don't.

If Brunell stinks again and we lose (particularly if its a close game), I think the entire offseason will be dealing with the question "Isn't a healthy Ramsey better then an injured Brunell?"

RR,

Even if we lose due to Brunell mistakes/poor play, we can be guaranteed that Gibbs sees something we dont. He is at Redskins Park 18+ hours per day and watching tape over and over again of both his opponents and his own players. He knows the strengths and weaknesses of his players to a degree of detail that a surgeon knows human anatomy.

Understand that I am NOT saying that this makes him above reproach or criticism, but lets at least do it in a manner that understands and respects the knowledge he has of his players. If Ramsey isnt playing, its because Gibbs has damn good reason to believe that Brunell gives the team the best chance to win. Even if he is gimpy.

In 87, Gibbs pulled Shroeder for Williams and vice versa. I dont think you have to worry about him pulling Brunell if he feels its in the best interest of winning the game.

Archived