Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why isn't Sean Taylor getting any playing time

Ignatius J.

on offense?

If you were to ask me what our number one problem is on offense, I'd say it is that lack of a second reciever to take double teams off of moss.

We also know that joe gibbs is not averse to lining up sean taylor as a wide reciever on priniciple since he has done just that before.

So what's up? My guess is that Sean is still at that point in his career where he needs to be focusing on defense. Williams probably needs him on the sideline discussing defensive strategies in between defensive series.

But I still can't shake the idea that his athleticism would be a perfect fit across from moss in some situations. A guy like that has to be able to do some damge.

I'm starting to think that if we make the playoffs, we're going to see him lined up on offense. What do you think?

Simple fact...he doesn't catch well enough.

Yeah, I think that's why he's not in more. He's dropped some a couple of easy interceptions.

I hope Sean spends sometime in the offseason with a W/R coach. He would be awesome to have as an option in the REDZONE, although we're already pretty darned good in the REDZONE.

The thought of a red zone package with Moss, Taylor, Cooley, Sellers, Portis and Royal makes me drool. That is what I think. If you are a defense who do you key on in that scenario? That would give D-coordinators nighmares.

Are you suggesting we line up with Portis as QB? Not sure I would want him throwing the ball when the other team is expecting it.

If that's not what you meant, you have one too many players out there.

Are you suggesting we line up with Portis as QB? Not sure I would want him throwing the ball when the other team is expecting it.

If that's not what you meant, you have one too many players out there.

Remove Royal, add Brunell. I think he can play QB. :)

In that situation Taylor is the decoy and you are looking to draw a man away from Cooley.

Because he is not a receiver and he never was a receiver. If he was good enough to beat out the other WR's at the U, then he would have been playing that position, and not safety. Given the choice, there is no way that he turns down WR to be a safety. Miami had better players than Taylor at the WR position, so I supose that the skins do also - though I'm not quite sure who they are right now.

Archived