Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about today's game...

NOVA2Tampa

At the end of the game, when the Redskins had the ball with less than a minute to go, why didn't they kick a FG on 4th down? It looked like they were well within range according to the nfl.com game tracker. Just where were the 'Skins when they punted? Were they just trying to run out the clock?

A field goal wouldn't have helped at all plus it's more dangerous - as was exampled by the Giant's blocked kick. It was a smart move even if they were in range, which I don't think they were. Plus, John Hall has been sick - so it was good that we didn't need to use him today.

Joe Gibbs is true class, he knew he had the game so why rub it in like 95% of the other NFL teams would. In the 1992 Superbowl Season we had Detroit down 45-0 in the opening game and Joe Gibbs took a knee at the Lions 1 yard line when he could of easily ran the score up to 52-0

If we was at there 10 yard line I doubt he would of kicked the field goal.

Thanks...I figured they didn't want to take a chance on a blocked FG with a runback for a TD...that would have put the Giants back in the game...smarter to grind the clock and pin the Giants on their 3...the Redskins had the game won...no sense losing it at the last minute.

It would have been a 50+ yd attempt. Dont want to risk giving them rhe ball there...the punt was prudent, and was downed at the 6...

Okay...it appeared the Redskins were down around the 20...I couldn't see the game because I live in Tampa, so they were showing the Bucs game...I was following the Redskins game on the web...guess it wasn't 100% accurate.

Archived