Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Focus on Spurrier RIGHT NOW on TSN Radio

redman

Who Will Lead the 2002 Redskins in Sacks?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Lead the 2002 Redskins in Sacks?

• Renaldo Wynn
    • Dan Wilkinson
    • Daryl Gardener
    • Bruce Smith
    • Jessie Armstead
    • Jeremiah Trotter
    • LaVar Arrington
    • Other

It's the Rick Ballou (sp?) show which is on 1540 AM in LA. He's focusing on how traditionally, you identified teams by their head coaches- Miami:Shula; Dallas:Landry; Pittsburgh:Noll; etc.

That's no longer the case in the league . . . except for Spurrier in Washington. The host is being very favorable. :)

Listen in if you can.

Here's Rick Ballou's profile- uh oh, he's a 'Nole fan!

Rick Ballou

Ballou's sports expertise is the result of his innate love of sport and growing up in one of America's most sport-crazed cities. As a kid in Boston, he spent his formative years watching the Celtics, Red Sox, Patriots and Bruins.

He hosted a local sports radio show after graduating from Florida State University in 1991. Moving over to Jacksonville in 1996, he created the Bad Show, the city's highest-rated sports talk show. Named when an uninformed caller and Florida Gator fan exhibited "bad" behavior on the show, The Bad Show soon simulcast in both Jacksonville and Tallahassee.

Ballou's shows are never sugar-coated, getting to the nitty-gritty of hot topics. He welcomes a good challenge, and will ignite one if necessary. He has earned a reputation for hosting aggressive, energetic and opinionated sports talk shows.

Ballou Vitals:

Hometown: Boston, Mass

Birthday: May 5, 1967

College: Florida State ('91)

Bats/throws: R/L

Career highlight: Before Sporting News Radio, working with the PGA Tour in St. Augustine, Florida.

Favorite sports town: Boston

Favorite pro team: Boston Red Sox

Favorite college team: Florida State football

Favorite stadium: Fenway Park

Favorite coach: Bobby Bowden

Favorite sport to play: Golf

Best game ever attended: The '93 Orange Bowl, Florida State against Nebraska, and FSU won the national championship

Best interview: Wilt Chamberlain

First job in broadcasting: Host a one-hour daily show on WNLS-AM in Tallahassee

Favorite childhood fantasy: Being the next Bobby Orr

Pet peeves: Two. Yawning (JUST GO TO BED!) and waiting … I have NO patience

Most embarrassing moment: As a reporter covering the Jacksonville Jaguars in Baltimore. I was interviewing players in the locker room and my tape recorder batteries were dead. I just kept pretending to record.

Life interests: Great beaches and barbeque

Words people use to describe me: Hard-working, loyal passionate

Personal words of wisdom: You have to try eating grilled lobster in the Florida Keys!

Now he's interviewing Brian Baldinger about the Redskins and Spurrier. Baldinger obviously loves Spurrier and thinks that the QB's will be fine. He thinks our problem is with the offensive line.

He's now talking about Hard Knocks, and how amazed he is that how much detail and discussion is getting on the air re personnel groupings and strategy. He said he couldn't imagine any egos other than Billick and Jerruh allowing that to happen.

Archived