Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offseason Team Needs?

joeoconnor

Who was player of the Redskin vs. Cowbum game?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who was player of the Redskin vs. Cowbum game?

• Phillip Daniels - 4 sacks FF, Recovered Fumble, Tipped pass Leading to INT
    • Chris Cooley - Six catches 71 yards 3 TD's
    • Clinton Portis - 23 carries for 112 yards
    • Other

Apologies if something similar to this has been posted recently, i've been away from here for quite some time...(Not by choice, of course :) )

What do you guys see as our top 5 team needs in order, going into the offseason?

No first rounder this year, so i'll only mention middle second round and beyond prospects that spring to mind...

I've got:

1.DE...Daniels, despite his crazy good performance yesterday, and Wynn, are both the wrong side of 30, and both are far from great. The addition of an elite pass rush talent at DE could take the Skins D over the top. Manny Lawson?

2.WR...The offense could still definitely use another weapon on the outside, and bringing in the big, red-zone target Rod Gardner was supposed to be would give us an extra dimension. Maurice Stovall/Nance?

3.SS...Ryan Clark has done a decent job this year, but a hard-hitting guy like Bernard Pollard would complete an intimidating secondary.

4.DT...Joe Saleve'a is another who fits into the decent but upgradeable category...Dusty Dvoracek or Gabe Watson could be options...

5.TE...Although i don't see a TE as much of a need as Cooley is enough of a weapon from the h-back position, i don't see what else other than the above 4 positions need to be addressed more, so if a definite upgrade over Rob Royal like Vernon Davis was to be around for the Skins, and ither needs are filled via FA, he should be considered...

As for FA, off the top of my head, Darren Howard, John Abraham, Brandon Lloyd, Charles Rogers(Expected to be cut/traded by Lions), and Adam Archuleta are guys who we should look at...

Who knows and who cares :laugh:

How about the playoffs THIS year.

Thats the beauty of this season, we can actually worry about that stuff in the offseason.

Point taken :)

I still like "worrying" about this stuff, but actually having something to play for in December for a change is a hell of a lot nicer! :point2sky

Point taken :)

I still like "worrying" about this stuff, but actually having something to play for in December for a change is a hell of a lot nicer! :point2sky

Yeah i know, Im just messin with ya man. I believe we have two holes to fill. 1. pass rushing DE and 2. a second wideout. This offense is going to be very good next year with a upgrade at the #2 wideout and Patten taking the slot. He is a great slot guy.

I dont know how any of you felt when Joe Buck and Troy Aikman were talking about Greg Williams probably going elsewhere to coach next year, but I was sick to my stomach. Here I am trying to think about beating dallas, and taking on Giants next week, and these guys have to bring this crap up. Any thoughts? or is it again, "too early" to think about this stuff?

Archived