Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Division Champs

mnp726

Help!! I was listening to the Giants post game show and someone said that the Giants can clinch the Division with one win. Tell me this isn't so especially with the Skins winning out therefore Division record of 5-1 vs. the Giants 4-2 if this is true what good is it to be division champs?

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Since the Giants will be at least 2 up on the Redskins with 2 to play, they only need to win one of their last two to eliminate any chance the Skins have at the division title.

Not sure if the Giants win any tiebrakers against Dallas, but after the Skins win on Sunday, Dallas will be out of the running anyway :)

The winner of the division is the team in the division with the most wins. Division record only comes into play if there's tie for most wins. Division record is looked at for the first tie breaker. If that's also a tie, Conference games are looked at for the tie breaker.

If the Giants win next week they clinch because they will clearly finish ahead of the Redskins and they will have a tie breaker over Dallas even if the Cowboys win this week and next. In other words, the Giants have all but sealed up the division and the Redskins and Cowboys are playing for the scraps. But if the Redskins win next week it will make things interesting going into the final week.

I don't think you want to take a back seat to anyone in the division, but, I think we'd rather lose the division to NY than Dallas. I hope we really beat the piss out of them tomorrow. A good convincing win could get the Dallas monkey off of our back. The first win was great, but I'd love to turn the tide and turn Dallas into the old Arizona of the division...

Archived