Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terry Gleen on Flea Flickers

jwebst1

Did anyone else see the Cowboys pull off another flea flicker for a 70-yd TD yesterday? Remember Sean Taylor getting burned on one in week 2?

My question is simple, where are our razzle dazzle plays? And please don't tell me that a reverse or the one HB option play is razzle dazzle. JG used to run the flea flicker in the hey day, why not now?

Maybe he's waiting for a key moment in one of the next 2 games or maybe he won't run one at all... but I'd just like to throw a play out there that may or may not throw the opposing team off guard..... either it works or it doesn't. Can't be any worse than a 7-yd loss on a reverse, can it?

Here's a question about Glenn given that two of his biggest plays this year (vs. us and KC) have come on flea flickers.

Glenn's running down the field, and the ball is handed off to the RB to begin the play. Can't the defenders now bump him more than five yards off of the line and not get called for illegal contact?

Does that only occur if/when the ball carrier passes the line of scrimmage? If so, how on earth can the refs call that with a straight face given that the guy calling the illegal contact in all liklihood isn't looking at the ball carrier and maybe even can't see him?

I ask because I would think that a good policy to start hitting Glenn whenever the ball is handed off in order to prevent the big plays off of flea flickers.

Anyone know the rule on this?

Did anyone else see the Cowboys pull off another flea flicker for a 70-yd TD yesterday? Remember Sean Taylor getting burned on one in week 2?

My question is simple, where are our razzle dazzle plays? And please don't tell me that a reverse or the one HB option play is razzle dazzle. JG used to run the flea flicker in the hey day, why not now?

Maybe he's waiting for a key moment in one of the next 2 games or maybe he won't run one at all... but I'd just like to throw a play out there that may or may not throw the opposing team off guard..... either it works or it doesn't. Can't be any worse than a 7-yd loss on a reverse, can it?

The half back pass will be used against the cowboys if we are in a tight defensive struggle. Especially the way Portis has been running the ball.

Archived