Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You always remember your First Time...

kaffeen

We all have had a first time for everything. The first time you got into a fight, the first time you got laid, the first time you threw your visor in a heated temper tantrum and yelled at your starting QB (well, ok, maybe *I* haven't had the visor thing happen, but I digress).

With the Redskins ushering in a new era of football with Steve Spurrier, I thought it might be fun to attempt a look into the future and speculate on some possible "first times" for the Redskins under the new HBC. I'm hoping everyone will look into their cyrstal ball too...

The first starting QB for the Redskins under the new HBC in 2002: Danny Wuerffel

The first *second* starting QB for the Redskins under the new HBC in 2002: Shane Matthews

The first time HBC throws his visor: 9/22/2002 against the Niners. Most notable because this is even a first for Steve. *This* visor has a spear on it. Also notable because the Mooch is caught laughing it up at Steve's expense (and doing a tomahawk chop). The video clip makes SportsCenter three nights running and there is speculation that Mickey Andrews was calling the defense from a cell phone. BTW, if the Philly game hadn't been at night, he'd have lost his visor virginity there.

The first time the Skins score 40 points or more in 2002: 9/08/2002 against the Cards. Good start skins!

Archived